Friday, September 30, 2011

OBGYN Hell

A week ago I went to an OBGYN because my doctor set up the appointment. It was an OBGYN I had researched and heard good things about so I wasn't really worried about it.


Well, I should have been. 


We get there at 9:30 for our appointment and after filling out paperwork, they informed me that my doctor hadn't even told them I was pregnant. Apparently, they needed more paperwork from my doctor because he hadn't sent any files. So by 11:10 and still not having seen a doctor and Ben having to be at work at noon, I went up to the girl again and explained we really had to go soon. She informed me that we were about to be called so we waited another five minutes and finally got called back.


The nurse asked a couple questions, then told me to get undressed from the waist down. I did as I was told and then the doctor came in and told me to get dressed and meet him in his office because he didn't need to do a pelvic exam since I just had an ultrasound... talk about awkward.


So we go into his office and he is completely rude with us because I can't make his appointments he scheduled for me for my 9 week ultrasound because I am starting a new job that week and he basically says something to the affect of "I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I don't know how many ultrasounds you've done before but in my career I've done blah blah blah and until you hit 9 weeks, there is a huge chance that your baby won't be there before that." Basically trying to tell me that I'm going to have a miscarriage. 


Asshole.


So now I don't know what to do because my insurance won't start until December 1st so at this rate, maybe I won't get another ultrasound until then? I don't know if I'm missing other steps in the process either though because I haven't had any "tests" done on me like blood tests or anything and I just assumed that was standard.


I don't know what I'm doing!! Is there some sort of timeline I need to use about when I do stuff? 


HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment