Monday, September 19, 2011

Abdomen Pain :(

So I've been experiencing sharp pains in my lower right abdomen since the 11th and it's been worrisome. Since I didn't have a kidney infection and the urgent care doctor told me it was normal to have the pain, I didn't really think much about it. But since I've been told my a couple people that sharp pain like that isn't normal, I finally made an appointment with my general doctor today. 


After putting pressure on the area of my abdomen that really hurt and me almost crying/screaming, the doctor told me that I was really tender and shouldn't be in that area and that the pain was definitely not normal. I had to do a urine test to check for infections and they are scheduling an ultrasound for me to see if I possibly have a cyst or ectopic pregnancy. Another option is that I may have appendicitis but that is less likely since I don't have a fever and I'm not throwing up. But if it gets worse, I have to go to the hospital.


So right now, I'm waiting for the results of the urine test and to get an appointment with an OBGYN so I can see what is wrong. It would be really unfortunate after I'm finally getting used to the idea of being pregnant if something was wrong with the pregnancy.


I will keep you posted on what happens!


-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment