Sunday, April 22, 2012

36 Weeks!


This should've been posted Thursday... whoops!
So let me start by saying on Monday I went to the doctor and he killed all my dreams of having a natural, water birth. Apparently nowhere around here does them and he claims "you'll be fine" without pain meds. While I am PRAYING I can have an "easy" birth without pain meds and without pitocin to speed up labor, I am at least going to keep my mind open if I have to get the pain meds in an IV... I do NOT want an epidural. Needles freak me out and so does the idea of being numb. I want to be able to move around and use breathing and relaxation techniques to make it through labor... BUT, don't be fooled. I am super scared/nervous about having this baby! If only a stork really did bring it........

How far along? 36 Weeks! One more week left until the baby is okay to come out!
Total weight gain/loss: it fluctuates between 28-29lbs
Maternity clothes? even my maternity clothes are getting small...
Stretch marks? none on the belly still! let's hope these next couple weeks stay that way!
Sleep: So many crazies!
Best moment this week: finding out that the baby is LOW! The doctor could tell me where his head was and I think he could even touch it.. crazyyyy!
Miss Anything? Being able to walk normally, eat without heartburn, and take deep breaths/wear normal bras with underwire
Movement: all the time but I can tell he's getting squished in there
Food cravings: Not as many. Still eating lots of melons and a lot of peanut butter.
Anything making you queasy or sick: eggs, mexican, meat
Gender: Boy :) 
Symptoms: heartburn, rib pain from him kicking me, let's get a little personal here- diarrhea (oh god it's awful), contractions, hungry every two minutes, trouble sleeping because of dreams and not being able to find a comfortable position, moodiness, SWELLING like crazy in legs/feet/ankles
Labor Signs: More contractions on Wednesday but much worse in pain and closeness so I went to the doc... wasn't dilated any more but he told me the baby is super low. He said he wants him to finish "cooking" until next week at least and if I wanted a note out of work they would give me one. Buttttt I am going to tryyyy and stay at work until the last minute. The doctor said the mystery of pregnancy is that we never know when the baby is going to come... so be prepared no matter the day.  
Belly Button in or out? in
Happy or Moody most of the time: typically happy except when my husband is lazy and doesn't help me around the house or forgets to buy stuff that I repeatedly asked him to.... 
Looking forward to: Baby showers #2 and #3 and maternity pics this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment