Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Month One recap :)

I cannot believe it's been a month already! Jude is an angel and I am so blessed to have such a perfect little boy. 


He is already getting so big! When we took him to his first doctor's appointment a week after he was born he already weighed 7lbs 10oz and I'm sure he will weigh waaaaay more at his check up this week. Last weekend I finally got my first real smile out of him that wasn't gas. It was so special to finally be the cause of that smile! I love this little bambino so much and it is completely worth all the lack of sleep and being able to do much other than hold him. That whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" advice is good to some extent but sometimes you just can't because you need to get other things done!


 He absolutely loves being in the car and falls alseep instantly in his car seat. It has been a lifesaver when I want to run errands, go out to eat or visit the grandparents because he falls asleep and stays asleep during the trip. We took him all the way to Wake Forest last weekend for my Mom's birthday and he did so well! We also started him on a bottle (breastmilk) at three weeks old and he took to it like a champ. It has been so helpful to be able to pump and let someone else help with the feedings occasionally. 


I have gone overboard on the pictures! I had planned on getting newborn pictures done but it just never happened. Between having to feed him every 2-3 hours, his gas problems, and sleeping it just never worked out. I have taken a ton of pictures myself though to make up for it! I just sit and stare at him sometimes. He is just so perfect! 


As for me, I have been very lucky that I lost almost all the weight within two weeks or so. The only thing left to do is get rid of the fat/skin around the middle! I haven't started working out at all yet because I want the okay from my doctor. Hopefully I will have that on Thursday! :)


The day we went home from the hospital!

Jude's first well visit at the pediatrician!

Jude's first bath


Adorable

so cute

Sleeping :)

Cutie!

<3

Passed out in his car seat :)

He's taking a bottle so well!

Happy family on Father's Day! (Jude is one month old  here!)





No comments:

Post a Comment