Saturday, May 19, 2012

40 Weeks... kinda...



So I wrote this post on the 16th thinking I would update and take a belly shot really quick before going to the hospital on the 17th... however, we ended up at the hospital on the 16th instead so that never happened! But I still wanted to post this since it has all my thoughts about what was about to happen on it! I will post another entry about the actual labor and why we went to the hospital on the 16th instead :)

How far along? 40 weeks! Today is my due date and the day of induction!
Total weight gain/loss: 28-30lbs give or take 
Maternity clothes? Hopefully today is the last day!
Stretch marks? None on my belly! very lucky for that one!
Sleep: I've been tired a lot but can't sleep because my mind won't stop. The induction is constantly on my mind and keeps me up.
Best moment this week:  Spending mother's day with both of my families. (Not to mention it was good just to get out of the house!)
Miss Anything? Being able to eat regular food. It seems like everything doesn't sound appetizing these days. 
Movement: He loves to move around, especially when I want to sleep or when he's hungry!
Food cravings: Haven't really had any other than Cookout on Tuesday after the doctor- I just had to have that foot-long hot dog
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meats, pizza sauce, random things 
Gender: boy
Symptoms: Heartburn has gotten a little better! Basically having trouble with being either really hungry or having a loss of appetite, diarrhea (ugh), breathing, getting in a comfortable position and being moody/lonely
Labor Signs: NONE! I tried a lot of walking but nothing seems to work.  I was hoping to not have the induction but it looks like it's the only option as of today.
What I'm most scared about for labor: having my water broken, having to get pain meds (epidural in particular), the pain itself, tearing/being cut, having a painful IV, being in labor for a really long time, having complications in labor, getting an emergency C section.... guess I'm scared of pretty much everything! 
Belly Button in or out? In/flat
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody unfortunately. Being alone can have that effect though. 
What I'm going to miss most about being pregnant: Feeling him move inside me... especially the hiccups!
Looking forward to: Meeting Jude today (hopefully my labor doesn't last until tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment